Friday, March 18, 2016

Social Networks

So many people are glued to their phones these days................me included.

There are so many social networks to choose from: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, MySpace, Tumblr, GoodReads, LinkedIn ect....

I use the following on an almost daily basis: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and GoodReads.


I signed up for Facebook during college but really didn't use it much till my junior or senior year. I mainly use it now to keep in touch with family that lives out of state. It is very addicting! I get very tired of the chain posts though.

I like Instagram much better because I love taking pictures. I post pictures of my daughters, food or of our cat. I like that there are not a lot of distractions on there and it is focused on pictures.

I like Twitter a lot to, I don't think you see as much junk in your feed as you do with Facebook. I use Twitter to stay up to date in education trends and the young adult genre. I like that is seems a little simpler than Facebook because they limit the number of characters used,

I use GoodReads to track the books I read or listen to. I like to put books on there that are recommended to me by friends or that I see on Twitter or other places so when I need something to read I can go there and I have a list to choose from.






I am working on trying to limit my use of social networking apps and make sure I focus on the people around me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books about body parts, croaking and choking!

I love this book, it is delightfully creepy and gruesome! I read this book as part of the Young Hoosier Book Award Program, it is nomin...