Monday, September 26, 2016

A nonfiction project in my classroom!


A nonfiction project in my classroom!

With my library science classes I have been reintroduced to the world of nonfiction! It is much different now than I remember it being when I was in High School, or it may have been I wasn't reading the right books.

There are so many nonfiction books on different science topics that I teach in my classes. I think my students could benefit greatly from adding these to my curriculum. Nonfiction books can add a depth to the topic that textbooks just can't. I am also able to support many different reading levels and interests with this project within one topic area as well. The book selection for space is amazing and my students are fascinated by it.

So I am working on writing a grant, I have created a donors choose project, and an Amazon Classroom Book Wish List to try and get some books into the hands of my students. I appreciate any support you can give.

Donors Choose
Classroom Book Wish List

Check out some of the books I am interested in!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Books about body parts, croaking and choking!

I love this book, it is delightfully creepy and gruesome! I read this book as part of the Young Hoosier Book Award Program, it is nomin...