Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Reading Profile

I love to read, and will typically read anything I can get my hands on. My Mom always swore I would even read the phonebook if I was desperate enough, it hasn't come to that but I have read the road atlas. My obsession with reading started in late elementary/ junior high. It took me about a year maybe less to outgrow the children's section and go looking for more books to read.

I believe I have read every genre at some point in time as my reading tastes have changed. My favorite genres are Young Adult, Fantasy, Mystery, and Adventure. I have also read Christian Fiction, Christian Romance, and Romance extensively.  I started reading YA because I teach teenagers and wanted to have something to talk to them about, I fell in love with the genre especially Dystopian Fiction. I just finished Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige a book 3 of a series based on what happens after Dorothy left Oz.  I  recently became interested in narrative nonfiction books and I am looking to read more of this genre as well. I also enjoy reading books that are being made into movies, I am always checking to see what movies are coming out that are based on books so I have time to read them first.

I also frequently listen to audiobooks while driving to and from work, I enjoy this time immensely. I am currently listening to The Bronze Gauntlet by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black.

Favorite Books of 2016:
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
I'll Give You the Sun Jandy Nelson


Favorite Series:
Harry Potter
Hunger Games
Lunar Chronicles
Dirk Pitt Adventure
Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children


Favorite Authors:
Cassandra Clare
Kiera Cass
Kay Hooper
Patricia Cornwell
James Rollins
Clive Cussler

https://www.goodreads.com/jyergs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books about body parts, croaking and choking!

I love this book, it is delightfully creepy and gruesome! I read this book as part of the Young Hoosier Book Award Program, it is nomin...