Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 6 Prompt

I would like to promote our zombie horror collection next month, I have some ideas that I am very excited about.

My idea consists of three displays, one by the main entrance, one by the fiction section and a display in the teen section.



8bbbd5121002195d7126677540c5f780.jpgThe first display would be rather simple and its purpose would be to catch the public’s attention. The display consists of a large green hand made of cardboard and paper holding a Zombies for Dummies book. I would also integrate some of the library’s more popular Zombie movies into this display for patrons to easily check out. This display would go at the main entrance with guidance on where to find more information.


80811cca2f01a8a56c0ba237942dc997.jpgThe second display features a poster from Random House highlighting their published Zombie books. This display would be placed in the fiction section with the books we have from the poster out as well for patrons to easily pick up and check out. Zombie memorabilia will make a great addition to this display. I would also post the information from the poster on the library’s social media pages.


c0371b491e560a258f1702c0bd01c7f5.jpgThis is the poster that I would place in the teen section of the library, I think it will catch their attention. I would place it on an end cap and feature the YA adult Zombie books in the collection to tie it in and provide this list on the library’s social media and make the poster into a bookmark with the books listed on the opposite side.



A couple of programming idea for teens would be to have a showing of one of the recent or classic zombie movies, have a zombie make-up class or a zombie themed book club.

I utilized ideas from Pinterest for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books about body parts, croaking and choking!

I love this book, it is delightfully creepy and gruesome! I read this book as part of the Young Hoosier Book Award Program, it is nomin...