Friday, February 24, 2017

Week Seven Prompt - Celebrity Book Clubs

The celebrity book club that interests me is the one that Emma Watson started, Shared Shelf, I am a huge Harry Potter and Emma Watson fan. When I heard that she was starting a book club focusing on Women’s equality it perked my interest. I think this is a very important topic in today’s society and I think it’s relevant to her work as a UN Women Goodwill ambassador.


The book the Shared Shelf is currently reading.

I don’t think celebrity book clubs are a bad thing, anything that gets people to read is good in my opinion. I think Oprah’s book club was very beneficial to authors and publishers alike and helped revitalize interest in book clubs. I was curious to see what other celebrities have book clubs and found an interesting article from USA Today. I plan on checking many of these out!

I discuss books with my friends and have started sharing what books I am reading on social media as well. I have enjoyed this because it has sparked some conversations about books we have read or want to read. I don’t think just celebrities can promote what they are reading, I think everyone should share what books they have really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books about body parts, croaking and choking!

I love this book, it is delightfully creepy and gruesome! I read this book as part of the Young Hoosier Book Award Program, it is nomin...