Monday, April 24, 2017

Prompt Week 15

What do you think are the best ways to market your library's fiction collection? Name and describe three ways you do or would like to market your library or your future library's fiction. These can be tools, programs, services, displays - anything that you see as getting the word out.

Social Media would be the first tool/program I would use. I think with today’s society it is important to have a presence on social media. I would like to post new additions to the library’s collection, reading lists that correspond with what is currently popular (such as TV shows or movies), advertise programs such as book clubs, and and promote seasonal reads. I would utilize, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.

I would utilize displays to increase circulation of fiction books. I would primarily have themed displays that relate to the season, holidays, subgenres, TV shows and more. The display needs to be eye catching and constantly checked to see if additional books need to be added for patrons to check out.

I would also use programs to market my fiction collection. I would like to offer some themed book clubs, such as Mysteries, YA for Adults, Romance, and Book to Movie. I also think having some kind of program for when a much anticipated release comes out would be a good way to promote a part of the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books about body parts, croaking and choking!

I love this book, it is delightfully creepy and gruesome! I read this book as part of the Young Hoosier Book Award Program, it is nomin...